Prospective student-athletes are encouraged to learn about UTB Athletics on our website.
These forms below are intended for use by high school, prep school or junior college student-athletes interested in attending The University of Texas at Brownsville.
To learn about UTB Admissions, visit the Admissions Office website here.
- Mimimum of 2.00 cumulative high school grade-point average
- SAT score of 860 (math and verbal only) or ACT score of 18
- Minimum of 24 credits with passing grade over last two terms of attendance or 36 in the last three terms.
For more information concerning your eligibility, contact the coach of the sport from the staff listing
You must also register to have your eligibility determined by the NAIA at the NAIA Eligibility Center at http://www.playnaia.org/
All students are eligible to apply for full or partial competitive scholarships offered by the UTB Office of Intercollegiate Athletics. All students are eligible to apply for competitive scholarships.
Criteria for Competitive Scholarships in Intercollegiate Athletics are:
- High school grade point average and academic ranking
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Athletic ability as evaluated by coaching staff for respective sports
If you are interested in becoming part of UTB Athletics, please click on one of the links provided below, fill out the form, and click to submit by email. You may also print out the form and mail it back to the coach of the sport in which you are interested.
Please complete ALL information on the forms. The more information you submit, the easier for our coaches to evaluate you.
Your information will be forwarded to the appropriate coach, who will get in contact with you directly. The staff directory is available here